We’d like to share some exciting news! Ribit has a new owner: Stone & Chalk, Australia’s leading emerging industry technology incubator and impact network. Stone & Chalk has been a foundation partner for Ribit since launch early 2016. Read media coverage here: New Home for Jobs Matchmaker, Stone & Chalk acquires Ribit matchmaker
The Ribit program has incubated within CSIRO’s Data61 for 4 years, and is now a growing community and marketplace of 40,000 users with students from 40 universities and TAFEs and 3,000 of Australia’s leading innovative businesses. It has reached the right level of maturity to transition to a new home. Stone & Chalk will enable the platform to accelerate growth and impact. Their objectives are strongly aligned with Ribit’s mission to connect people across the innovation ecosystem.
What does this mean for you? It’s business as usual! Stone & Chalk will continue to connect students on the platform to exciting new opportunities with innovative businesses. They intends to create even more connections through their growing network of businesses and partners.
None of this would have happened without the support of our funders, partners and you, the ribit community. Over the last four years, Ribit has:
- Introduced and matched thousands of students to exciting new job and internship opportunities
- Partnered with universities, TAFEs, innovation hubs, Industry Growth Centres on running 40 job speed networking events across Australia connecting over 5000 students to business
- Published new research on employability and transition to work, top intern and PhD employers
- Produced live data on emerging skills-in-demand by employers and micro-credential courses.
We’d like to express our gratitude to
- YOU, our fantastic ribit community: superstar students who have the talent to help businesses drive Australia’s innovation and growth for the future, and our brilliant community of entrepreneurs, scaleups, transforming SMEs, innovative corporates and agencies – all committed to helping students gain new skills and experience
- The Federal Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources,CSIRO + Data61 for support
- The community of startup and scaleups, innovative SMEs, corporates and government agencies helping students gain new skills and experience
- Industry mentors and pitch-doctors who contributed their time and energy to mentor, train and advise students on how to make the best of themselves.
- Student societies keen to introduce their members to innovative businesses and new jobs.
- Our terrific Ribit Advisory Group who provided valuable direction along the way.
- The Vice-Chancellors, DVCs, Deans, Heads of Schools and lecturers invested in helping their students get real-world experience.
- Career advisors at all Higher Ed institutions. Event partners, including ACT, NSW, QLD & SA Governments, Industry Growth Centres + Innovation hubs Fishburners, Cicada, the Studio, CBRIN, River City Labs, YBF.
- Our licence partners: SAS, UNSW, ANU Techlauncher, QUT Foundry, NSW TAFE & Ed Toolbox.
We’re completely humbled to have worked with so many wonderful people at all levels who deeply care about helping students build new work skills for the future and connect to growing industry sectors.
On a personal level, I am very grateful to have worked with and learnt so much from my extraordinary ribit team members, including our incredible interns – the future leaders of Australian innovation!
If you have any questions about the transition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to the next great leap forward with Stone & Chalk!
Liz Jakubowski, Director Ribit.net